- Closing summary: Wall Street opens at record highs
- US housebuilding rebounds, with building permits at a 12-year high
- Goldman Sachs: Trade war drag on global economy to fade in 2020
- Pan-European share index hits four-year high
- Lloyd’s of London launches #SpeakUp campaign
Over here, stock markets are also trading higher, although they are off their highs. Sentiment has been lifted by optimism that a US-China trade deal is still in the offing.
Ding Dong: The Dow Jones and Nasdaq have hit new record highs. The Dow opened almost 36 points, or 0.13% higher, at 28,072.10, while the Nasdaq advanced 27 points, or 0.32%, to 8,577.07.