Rolling coverage of the latest economic and financial news, including German growth figures
- Latest: Eurozone grew by 0.2%
- Breaking: Germany grew by 0.1% in the last quarter
- Economists expected another contraction
- Consumer spending, government and exports lifted growth
- But Q2 GDP revised down to -0.2%
Here’s our news story on the UK retail sales slowdown:
Most advanced economies has now reported growth figures for the last quarter (although we’re still waiting for Canada!).
Germany, despite avoiding recession, is one of the weakest performers in July-September.
14 OECD countries have now reported GDP growth stats for Q3 2019. Lithuania still top (3.6%y/y). UK (1%y/y) 4th of the six G7 countries that have reported. Germany (0.5%y/y) & Italy (0.3%y/y) both below. US (2%y/y) out front with Canada left to report. pic.twitter.com/oWdq2iRLMM