Rolling coverage of the latest economic and financial news, as De La Rue warns of ‘material uncertainty’ about whether it can continue as a going concern
- De La Rue hits City with another warning
- Loss of Brexit passport lingers
- ‘Material uncertainty’ over its future as dividend scrapped
- Introduction: Alibaba floated in Hong Kong today
- Shares leap 6.5% in vote of confidence
Just in: German carmaker Audi is announcing a new restructuring plan that will save €6bn by 2029, but also cut over 9,000 jobs over the next six years.
There are fresh signs today that Beijing and Washington are making small steps towards a Phase One trade deal.
Top Chinese and U.S. trade negotiators have agreed to talks on a preliminary deal for resolving the tariff war between the worlds two largest economies, the Chinese Commerce Ministry said Tuesday.
In a brief notice, the ministry said that Vice Premier Liu He and other senior officials spoke by phone with U.S. Trade Representative Robert Lighthizer and Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin.