Rolling coverage of the latest economic and financial news, including new PMI surveys of the world’s manufacturing
- Latest: Trump imposes tariffs on Brazil and Argentina
- Also urges Fed to weaken the dollar
- UK factories slash jobs
- China’s factory growth hits three-year high
- But Ireland cuts jobs as exports fall
- Coming up: Christine Lagarde at European Parliament
Fighting the climate crisis has to be a central part of the European Central Bank’s policy-making, Christine Lagarde says.
Christine Lagarde is urged the European Parliament to help tackle the gender imbalance on the ECB’s governing council, during her testimony in Brussels.
Currently, Lagarde is the only woman on the 25-strong governing council, as its chair.