Aramco, the world’s biggest Co2 producer, is now world’s largest listed company after floating today
- Newsflash: Stock surges 10% as trading begins
- Value jumps to $1.88trn, from $1.7trn
- Will investors heed environmental worries?
- Expert: Aramco will hit $2trn soon
- Introduction: Saudi Aramco shares are floating today
Aramco has broken the US and China’s grip on the chart of biggest companies, going straight in at number one.
Most of the rest of the top 10 are tech stocks, along with Wall Street giant JP Morgan and Warren Buffett’s Berkshire Hathaway group.
Aramco is now TWICE as valuable as Amazon, the e-commerce giant (currently worth $862bn).
And this morning, Amazon’s efforts to take a stake in food delivery group Deliveroo have taken a knock – regulators think the plan would hurt customers.