Rolling coverage of the latest economic and financial news, on the final trading day before Christmas
- Latest: Stoxx 600 hits record high
- Introduction: Gold rallies in pre-Christmas trading
- Analyst: Gold could keep rallying in 2020
- Trade war jitters haven’t gone away
- Quiet start to trading in London
Boom! Britain’s FTSE 250 has closed at an all-time high, as traders down tools for Christmas.
The index of medium-sized companies, including many domestic stocks, has closed 137 points higher at 21,981 points.
Britain’s FTSE 250 also enjoyed a late surge, and was at record levels as it entered the closing auction…..