Rolling coverage of the latest economic and financial news, as German industry continues to struggle badly
- Latest: UK house prices up 1% in November
- Introduction: German industrial output slumped in October
- Output -5.3%: worst since 2009
- Recession fears are rising after ‘disastrous’ data
- Coming up: US jobs report at 1.30pm GMT
Here’s our news story on the Halifax house price index:
European stock markets are rallying thanks to China’s decision to waive some tariffs on US farm goods.
The main indices are all higher, lifting the EU-wide Stoxx 600 index by 0.4% back towards the four-year highs seen in late November.