Rolling coverage of the latest economic and financial news, as German industry continues to struggle badly
- Latest: UK house prices up 1% in November
- Introduction: German industrial output slumped in October
- Output -5.3%: worst since 2009
- Recession fears are rising after ‘disastrous’ data
- Coming up: US jobs report at 1.30pm GMT
Here’s the latest house price data from Halifax, showing property prices rising at their fastest rate since the spring.
Economist Rupert Seggins points out that Halifax’s data shows a higher rise in house prices than other indices.
Fair old jump in the growth rate in the Halifax house price index from 0.9%y/y in Oct to 2.1%y/y in Nov (guys, you’re making me nervous again). Highest rate of growth of the major indices that have reported Nov figures. Latest readings range from -0.5%y/y (LSL) to 2.1%y/y (Hal). pic.twitter.com/SiTs4mQVcq